Oh, and guess how many lucky billioanires are out there as per the realease date of this book? 587.
I believe in personally having a millionaire mindset, and continuously read books and take classes about becoming rich to keep be on track with things. I also surround myself with others that are smarter and that I can learn from.
Recently after the Trump Seminar I attended at the Marriott, we were all handed a copy of Donald’s newest book “Think Like a Billionaire–Everything You Need To Know About Success, Real Estate, and Life.” I decided to take some time and get started reading it.
I’ll blog more about my notes later in case you too are interested in learning how to think like a billionaire. But first though, I wanted to share with you what Trump considers the Top 10 Ways Of Thinking Like a Billionaire:
1. Don’t Take a Vacation. He says “what’s the point? If you don’t like your work, you’re in the wrong business.”
2. Have a short attention span. He says that the most successful people have very short attention spans, and that it has to do with imaginiation.
3. Don’t sleep any more than you have to. Trump says he goes to bed at 1AM and by 5AM he is reading the newspaper. Helps him have a competitive edge.
4. Don’t depend on technology. He says that if you have something to say, look the person in the eye and say it. He adds that if you can’t do that, give the person a call and make sure they hear the sincerity in your voice. Email is for wimps he says.
5. Think of yourself as a one-man army. He says that not only are you the commander in chief, you are the soldier as well, adding the fact that you must plan and execute your plan alone.
6. It’s often to your advantage to underestimate.
7. Success breeds success. Trump says that the best way to impress people is through results. He adds that you have to create success to impress people in the world of business.
8. Friends are good, but family is better.
9. Treat each decision like a lover. He says that if you treat each decision like a lover–faithfully, respectfully, and appropriately.
10. Be curious. The Don says that a successful people are always going to be curious. He continues by saying that you have to be alive to your surroundings and hungry to understand your immediate world. Otherwise, you’ll lack the perspective to see beyond yourself.